Friday, January 29, 2010

Grandma Rocks!

With her help, my house looks more like a home, and we finally finished Kellan's nursery! Well, at least as much as we are going to do now. I plan on painting one of the walls with magnetic chalkboard paint when he gets a little older, because every child needs at least one wall to write on!

Having my Mom here has truly been awesome! In one week, she helped me unpack a whole bunch of boxes that I hadn't tackled yet for lack of time, desire, or any clue with where to put the items inside, organize my panty and my laundry room (lots of shelves), hang pictures to warm up the house, she folded laundry for me (which really was nice for me for some reason as I hate folding laundry), helped me deal with my sick baby (and even got sick herself as a result), change a couple of diapers, let me sleep in a little (hey even 20 mins is a huge plus), babysat Kellan while I got a much needed pedicure, check out a church I was thinking of joining, finish Kellan's nursery, went exploring trails behind my house for new walking paths (which I didn't want to do alone), and was overall great company and a wonderful friend to talk to! Wow! I can't believe how much we got done! I hate being so far away from all of my family, and having them come to visit is always a blessing, but I love how much closer I feel to my mom in the past couple of years, and especially now that I have Kellan. She is truly a wonderful person, and I am feel blessed to be her daughter! So now that I have officially written the longest run-on sentence ever... check out the pics!

Airplanes - even the fan is an airplane!

The wall quote I had made for Kellan's Airplane nursery.



I love the Miltary Planes Growth Chart.

More planes!

Us!

Dining Room Wall

Dining Room - the table and light fixture will be replaced in time.
Nook

Picture Wall in the Entry Way!

Bar Stool/Eating area.

The Best Mom, and an Amazing Grandma!

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Becca said...

Beautiful! I love your picture wall and that nursery is adorable!

 
At January 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Carolyn, Mike, Portia and Addie said...

I love the dining room and those flowers are gorgeous. I loveeeee his room! Oh my gosh, that fan is so cool. Where did you find that? Isn't it awesome when Mom comes to visit? I revert back to a childlike state when my mom is here. I want her to tuck me in and make me dinner. LOL!

 
At January 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM , Anonymous Emily said...

Thank you! I googled airplane fans when Kellan was born bc he wouldn't stop staring at the fan in our home. When we moved into this home there were no fans and he would stare at the ceiling like he was looking for it - We got it the next week! :) I still think Fan will be among his first words! We say hi to Mr. Fan all day long LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home