Friday, January 22, 2010

This is what 3 sweet potatoes looks like....

After they have been pureed into nothing-ness! Seriously though - making your own baby food is so easy, and way more affordable than buying it. I love the fact that I know exactly what is going into my baby's body. I love how easy it is. And did I mention affordable????
The picture below contains 3 Organic Sweet Potatoes - for less than $1.00 each - so for around $3.00 I got easily 12 big servings of sweet potatoes for Kellan - which I have to believe even a serious couponer would have trouble beating...  Anyway you look at it - those seem like 3 very good reasons to make your own baby food.









(This is Kellan 'savoring' his Winter Squash from dinner tonight - we have not tried sweet potatoes yet...)

Editing to Add:  These are the books we are using to make our baby food - as well as wholesomebabyfood.com

1.
Cooking for Baby - Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6-18 months
2.
The Petit Appetit Cookbook - Easy Organic Recipes to Nurture your Baby and Toddler

The reason why I like these books so much is it takes you from purees through beginning finger foods, and beyond.  And as a result will hopefully open up my everyday cooking to new recipes and ideas as well!

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2010 at 11:57 PM , Anonymous Shannon said...

D has decided in the last few days to be done with purees completely...but I LOVED making his food. It's nuts how expensive it is to buy the containers of food! He would eat 2 maybe 3 of those in one sitting, at almost a dollar each that ads up quickly! Sweet potatoes was one of his favorites. I still plan on baking him some sweet potato sticks

 
At January 23, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Carolyn said...

Hey he have the same counter tops :)

 
At January 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous RubyRed1085 said...

Thanks for posting this Em! :) I am so excited to get home and start making Andrew some new foods. I blended up some bananas and froze it the other day, just haven't used them. And I can NOT wait to start teaching him signs! :-D

 
At January 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

Stopping by from SupahMommy Blog.

I must say that it's awesome making your own baby food, it is way cheaper and tastes MUCH better. I did it for my kids.

Anywhoo, have a good one. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home