Sunday, August 29, 2010

Daily Vegas ~ Orion




Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I stay up and think of you... and I wish on a star that somewhere you're thinking of me, too. ~ Selena

Wow I think I just dated myself a little here... Okay so the quote may be a li
ttle cheesy, but after last night's post, and just feeling a little out of sorts lately, I found myself looking through old pictures. One of the ones I came across was a picture from the Hubs return home after our first deployment as a couple.

During that deployment we were definitely put through a couple of hard months. I was living in Chicago, and while I knew the Hubs was going to be my Hubs, some of my girlfriends couldn't understand why I was waiting for a guy who was a million miles away. While I never really told Rob, there were definitely times when I found myself wondering if they were right. I would wonder if I was crazy for waiting for a man when I had no guarantees it was going to work out. I spent a lot of nights thinking. But no matter how I was feeling, I most often found myself spending nights wondering what he was doing and if he was okay.

One night I went outside and looked up and say Orion big and bright as could be. I know this sounds really cheesy, but it was like an instant calm came over me. A few days later Rob called from overseas and said to me that he would spend nights looking up at the stars,
and hoped I was seeing the same night sky. He told me that Orion was looking especially bright lately. At that moment, any worries of making it through that deployment were put to rest. We were on the same page, and I knew that all the waiting I was doing was going to be well worth it.

I think I need to get out and look at our night sky a little more. Perhaps it will help me gain a sense of perspective again.



Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Megan Smith said...

i gave you an award on my blog dear :)

 
At August 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM , Blogger septembermom said...

That's a lovely post :)

 
At August 29, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Crystal Rae said...

Awwww.... I love both those pictures. And even though the quote may be dated I think it fits perfectly! :)

 
At August 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger JoyFilled said...

Hi! I just found your blog on Monday Mingle. (I'm a new follower!) I also just found your breastfeeding stories site. I love it! Can't wait to read more tomorrow. I'm nursing 3 kids (4 years, 2 years, and 6 months) and feel like people think I'm a freak of nature most of the time, especially during pregnancies (even though my oldest daughter doesn't nurse frequently anymore so most people have NO idea she's still nursing), so it's always a blessing to be able to come together with other breastfeeding moms.

 
At August 29, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

I like the quote LOL! It is really pretty and fits perfectly with your story! I love that you were both looking at the stars for comfort. When two people are on the same page and meant for one another funny things like that happen, you just know you are connected to one another in a way that is hard to explain or understand. I love the pictures! I hope you have a wonderful week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home