Saturday, January 8, 2011

You know you are a Mother when...

Just a few moments you never envisioned your life having until you became a mom.

You Know You Are A Mother When:

Getting Peed on is the least of your worries.

Silence is no longer Golden.  In fact it usually means bad bad things.

You wake up humming the tune to the Wiggles.

You are bathing your child, when they turn to you and hand you a turd, complete with a "Here you Go."

You talk more about poop then your local Proctologist.

You spend most of your life trying not to look like a fool, but now you could care less who stares at you while you make weird noises in the grocery story to entertain you child.

You can come up with 10 creative uses to keep your child entertained using only a cardboard box, a book, and a car.

You buy more shoes for your little one then you ever have for yourself.

You are lucky to get through a day without boogers, drool, food, or various other arrangements on your clothing.  *And usually you don't notice that it is there until after you get home from a rare moment out on your own.

None of that really matters because you couldn't be happier, whether you are handling baby turds, covered in slime, or dancing like a fool in public - everyday seems to be better then the last - and the mamas, kisses, smiles, and hugs are worth their weight in, well, parenting.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At January 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO TRUE!

Though you forgot..
AFTER "You are bathing your child, when they turn to you and hand you a turd, complete with a "Here you Go.""

You automatically answer "Thank you" in your sing song voice. Teaching good manners is second nature by now, lol.

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha this post is so flippin' cute!!

xoxo

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

Couldn't agree more! And love the pictures. How cute!

 
At January 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Marissa said...

ABSOLUTELY L.O.V.E this post! Made me smile and laugh and ALL soooo true :) Very cute! And great pictures...love the "poop face"!

Have a great night :)

 
At January 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Haha Gina - that is SO true. And I so did - bc I didn't realize right away what he was holding!! :(

 
At January 9, 2011 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Losing Brownies said...

The poop talk is so true!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Midwest Elle said...

Hahaha, SO true!! At first I was embarrased about all the ways I tried to keep M happy in public but now I nearly pull out the Elaine {from Seinfeld} dance just to keep her from screaming.

To the guy looking at cereal at Target last week: Yes I know right vs left but when I am facing my child in the shopping cart and I am trying to teach her right vs left, which is the opposite of what mine is, I'm not an idiot, I'm a mom trying to teach my child something. The looks and comments are quite unneccessary thank you.

 
At January 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger April Yedinak said...

Hysterical and true! I have to smugly tell you though, that somehow, with my 3 kids, I never got the poop in the tub experience! I know, how did I get so lucky. And at 6, 10, and 12 if one of them poops in the tub they are so getting the comet and rubber gloves to clean the tub!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

@Ape - haha if my kid was that age - he would have cleaned it himself too - but thanks for rubbing no poop in the tub in! LOL LUCKY LUCKY

 
At January 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Love this! It is so funny when you go running to see what is wrong when it is SILENT!
Love Squishy's poop face! lol

 
At January 10, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Kelly~ Wave of Life Surf Studio said...

Hysterical~ whenever I hear silence I immediately run to see what the kids have gotten into! Hi~ I am your newest follower from the blog hop & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)

http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

 
At January 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Found you on the blog hop! Following you from http://jennysreviewsandgiveaways.blogspot.com/

 
At January 10, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Great post! Love the pics! New follower from Mingle Monday!

http://mamastwocents.blogspot.com

 
At January 10, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe~!!!

Greetings and Salutations from Mingle Monday...GFC follow *heavensent1*...ifn you have a moment, please stop by my place and have a look around - Mad Moose Mama - http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com ~Have a groovy one...peaces...xoxo~

 
At January 10, 2011 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great
and so true!

(and cute pictures!)

(visiting from Mingle Monday hop)

 
At January 10, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

love it - perfectly true!

new follower & I hope you'll stop by and visit my blog & return the follow!

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

 
At January 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

LOL! SO funny!

Found you while blog hopping! I'm your newest follower! http://handmadewithlove4u.blogspot.com/

 
At February 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I loved this! Thank you, I need it:) Following you through Green Moma Blog Hop...come say hi at laughingwiththeharrises.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home