Monday, August 31, 2009

My Little Fishy!


Oh the joys of doing something for the first time. While Kellan may not remember his first time in a swimming pool, I know it is a memory that will be with me for a lifetime. And boy did we ever have some fun!

Despite the serious look on his face, he actually did really well and seemed to be enjoying it. Looks like I may be getting myself a little water baby after all!
Towards the end, after we took off the cute but cumbersome swim shirt, Kellan actually started to kick and splash in the water.
It was quite fun for both of us! Even though he was still splashing around, as soon as his little lip started to quiver from being cold, the fun was done. And with the wet cloths stripped away, the cuddly Tigger towel came out to warm the walk home. Kellan was asleep with-in minutes of beginning our walk back to the house. Hey, swimming is hard work!
My hopes for Kellan are to be able to expose him to the same kind of wonderful family vacations we had when I was younger. Whether it was trips to the Ocean, the local Lake Michigan Beach, or even a swimming pool at the hotel we were staying at, being in the water was always a great time for me. I don't expect Kellan to go as far with water sports as I did with diving unless it is something he asks for, but I hope he is able to get the same kind of peace and enjoyment out of being close or near to that water that I was and still am able to.
I think we will be starting his Mommy and Baby swim lessons after Rob deploys in November. Should be a fun time!
Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Kerri said...

That looks like such a blast!!! I love making these "First" memories with our kids!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home