Sunday, September 6, 2009

Guess who is 3? - months that is!


I swear when I was pregnant I couldn't make the days go this fast, but now that the Melon man is here, I can't seem to slow them down. So we are a couple days late in posting this, but our little caterpillar man is now 3 months old. I still thank my lucky stars everyday that God blessed us with such a wonderful baby! He is so mellow and has such a sweet personality which gets bigger every day. Although we do not have a 3 month appointment with the Dr, I can tell you that Kellan is pretty darn close if not already weighing in at 16 lbs. Here are some other things that Kellan has now started to do, or enjoys...

At 3 months :
Kellan loves to smile, and has really started to Giggle. He finds the silliest things funny, like his mom buzzing like a bee. (Although to be fair I am sure I look pretty silly doing it.)

He has started to really notice the TV, and LOVES to watch his Baby Einstein videos. All the colors, sounds, and other babies really keep him interested.

Kellan has not rolled over again since the time when he was around 4 weeks, but he loves to sit up like a grown-up so he can see the world, and loves to bounce on our lap. His little chunky legs are so strong!

Kellan talks to all of his toys now as he bats and grabs them, but his all time favorite has to be his loveys. (For those who don't know what these are they are a animal head attached to a small blanket.) One of our friends commented that they are a second mute button next to his pacifier. It is so true, when he starts to get fussy and is tired, all we have to do is pop in a pacifier, let him hold a lovey to his face, and lay him down. Within the minute he is usually sleeping!

Speaking of sleeping, Kellan is wonderful at it (knock on wood). He goes to sleep all by himself. All we have to do is swaddle him, and lay him down when he is tired, and he does the rest with limited fussing. And for most of his nights he is sleeping for about 7 hour chunks at night. It is wonderful for us, and I am really starting to catch back up on my sleep.


I really am blessed to have this sweet little man in my life. I couldn't have hand picked a better baby. Rob and I are so happy to have him in our family.

Xoxxo,
US

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home