Monday, March 29, 2010

Squishapillar Meets the Easter Bunny!

Have I mentioned how much I love having my husband home? Not only do we get to spend mornings with him before he goes to work at 3pm, but having him home and doing things as a family on the weekends is REALLY fun!

Seriously, some people think that life isn't as fun after having a baby, but I beg to differ. Sure we can't go do some of the things we used to do, but this whole new side of Las Vegas has opened up to us now that we have Squish.

This weekend was jammed packed. Squish and I started out our Saturday right by picking up our bountiful basket (I am so in love with this co-op! www.bountifulbaskets.org), went to our Mommy/Baby Stroller Pilates class (while letting Dad sleep in), and then made a family trip to Cost-co, and the day finished of with steaks on the grill!

Sunday Squishy and I got up early (someone thought 6am was wake up time!), but we missed Church because Squish was a little fussy and snotty (getting over yet another cold), so we cleaned the kitchen instead.

By lunch time he went down for a nap, and so did I! (awww sleep). The Hubs got up and picked up the house (is there anything hotter than a husband who cleans? (even if it was by request of a 'honey-do' list)), and then we all went out to look for a new stroller.

SIDE NOTE: I am still kicking myself for choosing price of function when it came to picking out our stroller and carseat. Which really translated into not saving any money as we,

1. needed to move up car seats by 6 months because Squish was too tall, and
2. need a new stroller now because this one is crap falling apart already! :::big sigh:::

Sunday continued as we met some friends of ours at the Mall to take our boys to meet the Easter Bunny. I have to tell you, my son makes me laugh so hard sometimes. The first thing Squish wanted to do was rip off the bunny's glasses, then he must have realized he was sitting on what was basically a giant stuffed animal that moved, because he shot us a look like "Um guys, I am not really sure about this"!!



Thankfully the Easter bunny came equipped, and had staffed his booth with young ladies. (By now we all know my little man loves the ladies!!) Once distracted by the young ladies trying to get him to smile, he started giving his goofy faces, and huffed and puffed. (meanwhile Hubs and I are laughing pretty hard at this point!)

All in all the pictures came out great. Squishy looked like he wanted to show of his Karate skills, and we got some great pictures and wonderful family memories. Sunday ended with all of us cuddling on our new couch. (I swear this couch tries to eat you as soon as you sit in it.)




Once again it was a wonderful family weekend. I love spending time with my two favorite boys. I love doing things together as a family, and continuing to discover the family side of Las Vegas!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home