Monday, March 15, 2010

Living life as a Family (again) in Las Vegas!

I feel like it has been forever since I sat down to write a good blog entry. What can I say other than, while I am sadly neglecting my family blog, it is only because we are spending our days as a family. (It has truly been wonderful!) Rob is working swings so that allows him to be home with us in the morning. With the exception of mornings when errands have to be run, or Kellan and I have a baby class to attend, in which case Rob gets to sleep in, which works for him!


Having an extra set of hands with Kellan has truly been wonderful. Most mornings we spend together as a family enjoying play time. Rob loves playing with Kellan, and I have been able to get a shower most days without any problems! Rob has even been doing the 7am diaper change so I can lie in bed a little longer. (This is really nice for me as Kellan is still not sleeping through the night…) Simple tasks like going grocery shopping as a family, silly as it may seem, is fun and definitely more efficient!

The other morning while I was getting ready for the day, Rob brought Kellan in to see me. They were goofing off and being silly, (something I will never get tired of watching), and as Rob flew Kellan in like an airplane to say Hi to me. I waved at him, and to my surprise and huge excitement, Kellan waved right back at me. There we were, Rob and Squish sitting on our bed, and me bounding around the bathroom getting ready, taking every chance I could to wave at Kellan and have him wave back. It seems so simple, but really it is one of those moments that I know will stay with me as a wonderfully happy family memory. Since learning to wave “Hi” Kellan uses every opportunity he gets to do it, and receive bountiful praise from everyone for showing of his trick. My little Squish may be a total ham, but he sure is one smart ham!

Saturday we went to the Cubs vs White Sox game. They were playing a pre-season game in Las Vegas. It was really windy, so we didn’t stay the whole game (which was too bad, bc right as we left the Cubs scored 4 runs to come back and win!) But Kellan wasn’t enjoying the combination of wind, slightly chilly temp, and crazy screaming Chicago fans. There is always next year, but truthfully both Rob and I can’t wait to take him to a game at Wrigley Field and see the game as it was meant to be watched.

While we were not able to make it to the game last year, we did go the year before. And what a difference two years makes… Don’t believe me? Check it out yourself.


Two Years Ago

This Year!!

Daddy and Squishy having fun!

(Before anyone asks...
Kellan doesn't have a jacket on bc I was wearing him in the Ergo for almost the entire time!)

Kellan's mood for most of the game.
We did manage to get a few smiles...
(Although he pushed another tooth through that weekend - so that didn't help too much either!)

I like this one!
Kellan and Me!

I can't say it often enough, I am really really really loving being a wife and mom!  The best jobs in the world.  Sure they have their hard times, anyone who says otherwise is probably fibbing, but the pros outweigh any con or tough day.  All it takes is the sound of a laugh from my sweet little Squish, a smile from his beautiful face, a wave HI in the morning, a kind word at a perfectly timed moment from my husband, or one of his bear hugs after a long day, and let me tell you, "melts away" is a great way to put it. I will try to be better at keeping up with the blog, but it's hard when I am loving living life as a family (again) in Las Vegas!

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

So happy for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home