Saturday, April 24, 2010

Days like today...

What a BEAUTIFUL day for such a wonderful event!! Although I woke up a little bleary eyed, having not gotten home until 1am then night before.

(WHAT? It was my first Girl's Night Out since Squish was born, AND it was a Sugarland concert - can you say FUN!!) But I digress...

What event could I possibly be talking about? Well, if all the fund-raising posts I have done, and the link above this entry aren't clues enough - it was the March of Dimes walk for Babies of course.

Our playgroup managed to get 10 of us together, and at last count we raised $894.00!!!

All of us Mommies and 1 Daddy!!

We even had wonderful sponsors who made our tee-shirts! Our fellow playgroup Mommy and her hubby own a diaper service here in town (That I use and LOVE LOVE LOVE).

They were kind enough to design our shirts for us, and make a generous donation to such a great cause! (www.happibunz.com)



All in all the 3 mile walk was spent chatting with other mommies (Squish took the time to snooze), and enjoy the outdoors.

We walked to raise awareness for our friend's daughter who has Prader-Willi. (check out her blog!) And also to help raise money for all the babies who need extra help and love.

Desi and her (sleeping beauty) daughter Mackenzie!

It seemed fitting today that we walked, as an amazing lady whose story I have been following was induced today. Her little boy may only live minutes, hours, or days. (Update: He lived for 12 beautiful hours, and was loved ever minute of it.)

The strength this woman, and other women like her have truly amaze, and inspire me.
(http://www.embracingelijah.com). I continue to hold her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.


I am SO grateful to have found such a wonderful group of mommies, and a beautiful group of babies.

Days like today help to remind me how truly blessed I am, and how thankful I am to have everything I do.


Nothing like a little fresh air, friends, and fund-raising to start the day off right!



Squish after he just woke up! He is getting SO big!!



My friend Lolo and Me (and our super cute boys too!)

Finished!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 24, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

It was a great day, and I keep Elijah and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At April 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Kerri said...

GREAT JOB! I clicked on the Elijah site. It says "Elijah is an angel now" 5 hours ago. Heart breaking.

 
At April 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

It is heart breaking. I feel so much for her and her family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home