Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Sick Squishy Doesn't Know How to Be Sick...

Yes. Kellan is sick.  Again.  Last night was our 2nd trip to the ER in one month for 2 totally separate illnesses....  Can I just say I am tired of Tylenol, Motrin, medicine, pedialyte, and now breathing treatments, and steroids.  I really hope he doesn't have asthma like I did as a child.

But really?  If you want to make an already run down mommy feel like a complete failure, just say, "Wow, he really is sick all the time!"

Seriously, as if I don't know how many times my sweet little baby has been sick?  How many sleepless nights I have spent trying to soothe him?  How many bottles of Tylenol and Motrin we have already gone through in one short year?

Where is that baby bubble protector when you need one? At least that may help stop my curious little man from putting EVERYTHING (and I do mean EVERYTHING) in his mouth.

Maybe if my little baby would stop and relax and let his body get better before trying to conquer anything he can get his hands on, he wouldn't be sick so often.  But I know that is just not my Kellan's personality.  He is so adventurous and happy even when he is struggling to breathe.  He wants to GO GO GO to discover anything he can.  Slow down my squishapillar, let your body heal.  I promise you that everything will still be here for you to discover when you are feeling better.  Really it will!

Betcha wouldn't have guessed this baby wasn't feeling well. (101.3 temp and wheezing with every breath)



I'm not sick mama!



My little adventurer


Longing to go outside I would imagine...


See mama,"this?"

So, if you don't mind, please keep your finger's crossed for us that Kellan can stay healthy for a while.  We have had to re-schedule 2 well check appointments/turned sick visit.  And we have now had to re-schedule 3 1 year photo sessions.  Not to mention, we both might go a little stir crazy if we have to spend this summer indoors!

*A special shout out to Auntie Kim who spent her evening with us in the ER last night.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to have her here.  Not just for help with Kellan, but because it has been nice to have someone to talk to while Rob is deployed.  And Kellan just loves her.  He now knows where her bedroom is, and if she isn't out playing with him, he crawls over to it and lets her know.  Thanks Kim.  Your help and friendship mean a lot to me!*

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Poor little Kellan. I hope he feels better real soon. Let me know if you guys need anything.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home