Monday, June 21, 2010

We miss you Rob, Bob, Daddy!

My dear sweet husband,

Kellan and I spent the day thinking and talking about you.  They called your name in church today to recognize father's of faith. I whispered to Kellan when they spoke your name. "Daddy loves you."  He replied, "Bob?"  It was way too cute.  Thankfully we were in the cry room so service wasn't interupted. (Kellan was pretty ready for a nap during church today.)

Rob, I promise you we will have a Daddy Day when you get home.  A Bob Bonanza.  It will be super fun.  I love watching you with our son.  You have a sparkle in your eyes that I have never seen before Kellan came along.  It's that look that makes me love you even more.  You look at me with love and adoration, but you look at Kellan with a love so intense it could only be between a child and a parent.

I can't wait to see what the next 20 father's days bring.  And while I know you will not always be here to celebrate, I can promise you that we will always make time to celebrate you as a father with kisses, hugs, and lots of love.

Hours after you were born



After returning home from a deployement



Family Photoshoot



Your newborn pictures

*Kellan, I want you to look back at the pictures of you and your Daddy one day when you are a little boy who lost his first big game/teenager who thinks Dad just doesn't get it/20s something man starting your own life/new Dad for the first time, because those are times when you need to look at these the most.  I promise you will always see how much love your father has for you.  And while I only have pictures of the two of you over the past year, I can almost 110% promise you that that look will always be on your Dad's face.  That is the look I was talking about.  The look that only a parent and a child can understand.*

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

Wonderfully written; beautiful sentiment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home