Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today was a good day!

Today was one of those days that you look back on and are thankful for all you have. While we didn't go to church because I wanted to give it one more day before I exposed him to other children, we did manage to find plenty to do.


First we headed off to Target and Babies R Us. I had some returns to do. (Which I managed to forget and not realize until we were already at the store! Turning around was not an option, as I went to the far Target and BRU bc this location has them right next to each other - that way I don't have to switch carts. Hey putting that cart-cover on while holding a 24lb baby who is squirming is hard work!!)  I also needed to pick up thank you notes, as we have many to write thanks to all the wonderful friends and family who bought Kellan so great toys, books, and savings bonds. Lastly I really needed to buy some baby proofing edging for Kellan's crib, and our entertainment center.

My little squishy has had quite a few Jaws moments lately. And while I don't let him chew on the TV stand, every time I turn my back, he is up there munching away again. So better safe then sorry. And his poor crib looks like it has been through 4 children, not one little baby. He keeps scraping the stain of with his teeth. I obviously would prefer that he not eat that.

So off we went. Kellan wasn't quite himself, although he still managed to find all the cute ladies in both stores, he could only manage to stare at them instead of his usually smiling flirting self. Clearly he is still getting this funk out of his system. After spending an hour and a half picking up what I came to get, and a few things I didn't plan on buying, we headed back home. Kellan took all of .5 seconds to fall asleep in the car.

Once at home I quickly fed and changed my sleepy baby. I usually put him straight down when he falls asleep in the car, but he was really wet, and I knew he would sleep longer if he had a belly full of milk. And sleep he did. From 1-4. While this isn't an unusual amount of time for Kellan's nap, I wasn't expecting it because he slept until 9:45 this morning.

(While I probably shouldn't put this in, as I am sure it will jinx it, aside from the nights when he was really sick, my sweet little squishy has FINALLY figured out how to sleep through the night!! He has been doing so for the past few weeks. Going to bed between 8-9pm and sleeping until 8-9am! If he falls asleep earlier he still wakes up at 11pm to nurse, but falls right back to sleep afterwards!! It only took a year - Lol!)

After Kellan woke up from his snooze, he slathered on the sunscreen and ventured out to our backyard. I had blown-up his mini baby pool, and hooked up his caterpillar sprinkler. I put on my suit and we played in the water and grass for about an hour. It was a lot of fun. The only thing missing was Rob.



As if Rob was listening to my heart, when we got back inside I checked my email (on my phone).  (Kellan was happily eating his dinner of cheese crumbs, blueberry whole wheat pancakes, and peas.)  There in the inbox was an email from my love. And not just any email, a super sweet email full of all the things I needed to hear, even if I didn't know I needed to hear it. Here he is tired, still not to his final destination after 2 full days of traveling, and he manages to take the time to write me and Kellan an email full of encouragement and adoration. I love that man!

After Kellan finished dinner, we got him into his pjs and played together for a while before bed. Kellan has realized that the "I'm going to get you" game is a lot of fun, so he was full of belly laughs. Nothing better to me then the sound of his laugh. Gets me every.single.time! Two books later (each read twice) and a belly full of milk, Kellan drifted of to dreamland very easily.

So what started off being just another Sunday ended up being a great Sunday. I love days like this. The ones that catch you by surprise and are filled with simple pleasures. These days it seems like it doesn't take much to make me happy. And that is a good thing.

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home