Friday, June 11, 2010

I have a one year old!! (Picture Story too!)

How is that possible, I swear it was only yesterday that I was having my son?! To celebrate the occasion we had a party for Kellan at our house. It was a caterpillar party, because as everyone knows Kellan is our little Squishapillar. He used to make this caterpillar face when he was born, and the name just stuck. We had almost all our family in from out of town, and lots of friends coming over to celebrate. I couldn’t have done this party without my families help. They were all wonderful! We ended the weekend with Kellan’s baptism. It was really a perfect weekend.


What a difference a year makes! Kellan is now weighing in at 24lbs 1oz and 31 inches long!*

(*These are unofficial stats though because he got really sick right after the weekend, and lost almost a pound in a day. His 1 year well check turned into a sick visit. With a diagnosis of Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease and a UTI – poor baby! This is also the reason I have not been able to jump on here and do his 12 month entry. Another reason I haven’t been able to update the blog is we have selfishly been spending time as a family. Rob left this morning for Afghanistan again. He will be home for the holidays, but we are missing him crazy already!)

Things Kellan is doing at 12 months:

Kellan is pulling up to standing all the time, and cruising along furniture. This has really truly baby-proofed our home! I am guessing he will be walking by 14 months.

Kellan has started to say words. I am Mama, Rob is Bob! (Although two days before he turned 1 he did start saying Dada – he still calls Rob Bob!) He says Ball and This pretty often. He has said Bubble, Kiss, Done, Animal (his new lovey), and Fozzy (his other lovey), but he won’t repeat them like he does the other words. He also has many other words in his vocabulary, but only a baby translator could tell you what they are. :)

Kellan is very curious, and very loving. He gives hugs and kisses to me and Rob. He has to be involved in what is going on, or he gets very upset. He plays well on his own, but also really loves to play with us. He is starting to enjoy books more, and still loves paper and boxes. He is my little bulldozer, and very single minded when he sees something he wants. Life with Kellan is a daily adventure, a lot of fun, and better than I could have possibly imagined it would be.

I look forward to the months to come. I can’t wait to see what this year will bring. Now that Kellan is 1 year old, I will stop doing monthly check-ups on him. (We don’t have any more month-day stickers to do either!) But I promise to keep everyone updated as he learns and explores our crazy Vegas Life!

Xoxxo,
Us


The Caterpillar Cake we made!


Caterpillar Month-day pictures!


We used these as cenerpieces for the buffet table!


Yummy Caterpillar Cupcakes!
(Lemon, Chocolate, and Yellow!)


Proud parents!


Here Kellan - its super yummy!


Hmmm....


He figured it out!


Mom?  What are these?
(Kellan was in a sugar coma at this point.)


I don't want to wait to open my presents!


After most guests left we headed out in the 107 heat and played in our new backyard


Kellan had a blast playing with his friends!


Getting Baptised By Pastor Bill.  Uncle Dave was holding him, but Kellan just wasn't so sure about the whole thing!


Me and my baby!
(He will always be my baby!)


Grandpa Mark!

Passed out cold in Grandma's arms - what a way to end the weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

Hey! It's Wendy from Around my Family Table. Your caterpillar cake is adorable!!!! I love it and the party is super cute. What a cute family!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home