Saturday, September 12, 2009

For The Next 30 Years

We will be paying a monthly mortgage...

That's right people; I am a proud new homeowner! I still can't believe that after 1 1/2 years of looking for the right home, and having it be at the right time, we managed to find the perfect place for us. (Timing was always hard bc of Rob's deployments, and corresponding it with our lease ending.) Regardless of how long it took and how many homes we saw, we are DONE!

Of course now we need to pack up all of our belongings and move. I am not really looking forward to that part, but I know it will be all worth it.

So today Rob spent the majority of the day hanging at the new house while we had stuff delivered. Mainly our new appliances! They are so pretty. I will say I think we splurged a little on the washer and dryer, but we got a great deal and we are planning on having them for at least the next 10 years, so it was worth it! I love them. We also had our garage door openers installed today. Next up, Cable, Pest Control, (for those nasty Las Vegas black widows, crickets, and roaches) and Alarm System. I feel so much more comfortable with that going in now that Rob is getting ready to deploy. Before it was just me, but now there is Kellan to think about. Even though I have a sense of peace in our new neighborhood, an Alarm System and regular Pest Control will really help calm my mommy worries!

Speaking of our new neighborhood, I couldn't be happier. It backs into a State Park, and is SUPER quiet. We have already met the neighbors on either side, both of them are super sweet, and one is even former military and told Rob he'd keep an eye out for us when he deploys. There are even talks of a block party once everyone gets settled. I have also been told there are a lot of kids on our block including a baby close to Kellan's age directly across the street. For those of you who have heard my stories about my neighbors where we are renting, you know this is a huge deal for me. I couldn't be more excited.
Shoot if I knew all it took to make friends was to have a baby and buy a new house, I would have been pushing for both a long time ago! :)
Xoxxo,
US

front door
family room
kitchen
dining room
master
master bath

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home