Sunday, May 9, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

Me at Mother's day last year!

Although some say last year was my first mother's day (because I am one of the people who believe life begins at conception as well as your responsibility as a parent), today was my 1st Mother's day with an "outside" baby.


Last night my husband brought home flowers, and three cards. (yes three, 2 from him, and one from Kellan.  I am spoiled aren't I?!) Reading them made me feel very loved as a mother and a wife. One of the cards read, "There's nothing quite as sweet as a sleepy little head nestled on your shoulder. There's nothing quite as wonderful as being a new mom. Happy 1st Mother's Day".

Truer words could have been more perfect. In honor of that feeling here are today's top ten reasons why I love being a mom. (This list changes daily, as no day is every quite the same as the day before.)

My Top Ten

 
1. No amount of money could buy me the smiles I get from my son first thing in the morning when he wakes up. Melts my heart every time. And no matter how little sleep he let me get the night before, that smile makes it all worth it. I can think of no better way to start my day.


2. Bubbles & Puddles. I love spending my evenings watching my son laugh and play in the tub. He is so peaceful and happy. Such a little fish, and so full of wonderful creativity and imagination.


3. The way my husband looks at me when I am feeding, holding, playing with our son. Having Kellan has brought a whole new level of love into our relationship. Watching him be a wonderful father makes me giddy with happiness to be his wife, and mother to our son.


4. Having Kellan has made me love and appreciate my mother even more. Some things you can never feel if you are never a mom. And appreciation for your parents is one of them. I love you mom!


5. Singing silly songs in the grocery store, and not caring who hears you as long as it is making your baby happy. Becoming a mom has made me a lot less self-conscious. I often catch myself humming, singing, and making silly sounds not matter where I am to make my son smile/relax.



6. Finding my inner child. This kind of goes hand in hand with the previous statement, but having Kellan has really allowed me to release my inner child and enjoy just being silly.


7. The way my son sleeps. I love checking in on him before I go to bed and seeing him curled up in a little ball of squish and baby, or sprawled out in every direction just to get comfortable. There is such a peaceful feeling that comes over me as I watch my child sleep.

8. Watching my child do something new for the first time, and learning as he continues to do it. He is so proud of himself, and I am proud of him too! Watching a child learn cause and effect is something I feel so privileged to be a part of, like a secret club that only mothers and fathers get to be a part of.


9. Kellan does something completely silly every day. And every day it still makes me laugh. Like trying to imitate the sound he makes from burping or bear-walking around the room with his head on the ground looking behind him as he goes. (It’s a wonder he doesn't bump into more things than he does.)

10. Sloppy open-mouthed, dooly baby kisses, and sweet baby hugs. There really isn't anything better than having your child look up at you, plant a big wet one on your nose, and then lay his head down in the crook of your shoulder.

I look forward to these things and others each and every day. I really do love being a mom. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there. I hope you got to enjoy your special day and see the many amazing things motherhood has brought into your life.


"A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die." ~ Mary Mason

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

You just brought tears to my eyes. What a great son you have and what a great mom he has!!! I had to sing to Mackenzie at the restaurant this weekend and didn't care who heard. Anything to make our children happy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home