Tuesday, May 4, 2010

11 months!? Wow that went fast!

My baby only has one more month until he is ‘officially no longer a baby’ (of course I won’t ever stop calling him my baby!) That’s right! Kellan is 11 months! I know I keep saying it, but these months are flying by! I can’t believe that just less than 1 year ago I had my son! What an amazing 11 months it has been. Exhausting? Yes. Hard? Sure. Worth every sleepless night, and every moment I wanted to curl up and hide? (Any mother who says they have never had a moment like that is either a saint, or is lying IMO) Without a shadow of a doubt! Being a mother to Kellan has made me a better person. I am more understanding, I am more creative, I appreciate my mother more, and I have found my inner child again. But most of all I have found that every time I think I can’t possible love this little boy any more. I do! He is the best thing I have ever had the privilege to do. I love staying at home with him and watching his personality blossom. I can think of nothing I would rather do more than spend time with my son and my husband. I am so blessed.

Happy 11 Month-day Squishapillar. Thank you for choosing us to be your parents.


At 11 months Kellan is:

Crawling EVERYWHERE! And boy is he ever fast! But as of right now he seems to listen to us when we re-direct him for his safety. (Of course as I type this he spent the day throwing his body around and crying every time I told him something wasn’t for little hands – but I am blaming teething (again).)

Kellan seems to really enjoy playing on his own. This is a mixed bag for Mommy, because there are times when I just want to jump in and play with him and times where I am grateful to sit down and relax or catch up on house choirs. He often plays on his own for upwards of an hour. And when he is done playing, he will start whining until I ask him “All done?” He just smiles and signs ‘all done’. (Boy am I a sucker for that sweet smile!)

Kellan is babbling more and more every day. BabaBobBob is still a favorite. But he is now doing MamaMomMom. (granted it is usually not directed at me…) He also does many other random sounds. Still waiting on DaddadadDad.

Another favorite sound of Kellan’s is burps. After eating he no longer likes to be burped. He likes to do it himself. And when he does burp he laughs, and then makes noises to try and copy the sound. Boys will be boys I suppose! We no say “excuse you” instead of cheering after each burp.

Speaking of boys will be boys, when Kellan became mobile, I think my sweet little cuddly baby was replaced by 100% pure boy. He bulldozes his way through anything that is in his way. He prefers to smash toys instead of play with them, and he loves to bang things to make really loud noises. He even grunts when he does it! So far he has bruised me with his strong little arms, and given Rob a bruised nose with his hard head. And trust me; he doesn’t even flinch when it happens. We are currently working on gentle. A lot!

Kellan also loves when we do animal sounds. His current favorite is an elephant, followed closely by a vicious sounding Dinosaur. Seriously, this kid laughs when I do the scary roar! What a goof-ball!

Kellan is eating more and more finger foods and fewer purees every day. Some weeks he eats like a champ, and sometimes it is a challenge to get him to eat more than a few bites. But we keep trying. Today Kellan tried hummus for the first time and really seemed to enjoy it. He loves strawberries and Clementine’s. And yogurt continues to be a favorite around this house. We try new things as often as we can. Soon enough we will be trying his first meats!

Kellan has pulled himself up to standing a few times, but prefers to mostly hang out of his knees for now. I am sure once he feels more secure standing that will change.

My water baby is alive and well. He still LOVES tubby time. We take him into his room and get him ready, and as soon as he hears the running water he is ready to go. Trying to dive of the changing table! Once we put him down his little naked butt is all you see as it beelines to the bath-tub. He must have been a fish in another life!


Well sweet Squishy baby, I am looking forward to your first birthday, but am also filled with a little sadness at the same time. How did the time pass us by so quickly? I guess it isn’t such a bad thing I am so addicted to taking your picture. It helps me to keep the memories fresh in my mind. Your Daddy and I love you with all that we have.

Ready or Not – here comes 1…

Xoxxo
Us

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

I love it!!! He is so cute and so active. We love playing with him.

 
At May 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Happy 11 month day Kellan!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home