Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Managing to Find Fun During Sick Days.

Well, we are still sick.  Kellan is doing much better, but still coughing, and still out of sorts.  He is done with the steroids for his lungs, but that supposedly lowers his immunity so we spent our 4th of July (also happened to be Kellan's 13 month-day) hiding in the house.  I did let him play outside in the water toward the end of the day, but even then he wasn't really into it.

With that said, he still is full of personality.  He loves doing "So Big", and is now doing "Crazy Kellan" where he starts furiously shaking his hands and just being, well, crazy.  He also has started dancing (well, more like headbanging) whenever any music comes on.  He isn't so big on dancing on command, so I haven't been able to get that on camera yet.

He is being particular with words.  I haven't heard "Mama" in a while, and "Bob" seems to be said less and less, "This" is still pretty common, and it is possible he is saying "Yeah" and his own version of "What (Ba)" now too.  But "Ball, Bubble, and Animal have all but disappeared.

Kellan loves to take things out, and put things in.  He does it over and over, and looks to make sure I am paying attention.  He also loves to throw all the toys in his playpen over the gate (even the heavy ones), and this morning I swear he cleaned and organized the playpen without realizing it. (at least I don't think he realized it...)

He also loves that his Auntie Kim is living here.  Every morning, (as soon as I let him, and trust me he tries several times before he is allowed to) he makes his way down the length of our home to her door, and barges on in.  I will tell you what though... I don't think Auntie Kim minds so much, as she is always greeted with a huge Squishy style smile!

It is amazing to me how much my little man can manage to do all while fighting off whatever it is he is dealing with.  I wish I had that amount of energy on any given day.  What worries me is that if he has been this active as a sick baby, what will our days bring when he is back to 100%?

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

It sounds like even though he is sick he is still pretty happy which is great. That makes up happy. We hope you guys get better soon. We miss you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home