Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Love My Life, My Family, My Home!

True, sometimes it is hard, frustrating, and sometimes I am really tired.  Sometimes I wish I had more time in the day to share with my husband.  Sometimes I wish the days would go slower so I could get more done, and so my little man wouldn't grow so quickly.  Sometimes I wish I was closer to our families and good friends.  Even with these few wishes, I can not argue that I have SO much more to be thankful for.  I have a husband who loves me, and is a wonderful father.  I have the cutest darn baby out there!  (You can try to tell me different, but no matter what I will always think this)  And as of recently we are now the owners of a wonderful new house, and a place to finally call Home! 

For the three years Rob and I have lived in Las Vegas, when we referred to home, it was always in reference to Chicago, Indiana, or sometimes even Minnesota, or Florida. (where my parents live).  Or more often home met each other.  We were each other's "home".  When we were referring to the place we were living, it was always called the house.  It was never our home. 

I think that Rob and I have come to terms with the fact that Las Vegas is going to be home for us (at least I hope we have) for a long while.  Las Vegas is where we were married, and where we became a family.  It is where Kellan was born, and where we plan on having more children someday.   So it is exciting for me to feel like we actually have a house to call home.  Yeah, Yeah, some people say "Home is where you make it", or "Home is where your heart is". (which is why we thought of each other as home)  However, now even after only one night in our new house, Rob and I both woke up thinking we were home.  It was warm, and safe, and our family is really happy. 

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be able to have sunlight in the house.  For three years BC our old house was so on top of the neighbors, or a main street, I never felt comfortable opening up the blinds on the first floor.  There was NO sense of privacy at all.  At any given moment someone would turn and be looking at you on the couch in your pjs... not my cup of tea!

So now it very literally this house has brighten our lives.  It was truly a warm welcome to let the sun shine in and feel completely at ease.  This home is going to be a wonderful thing for my family.  Kellan finally has his own room, although he isn't sleeping in it yet, maybe when his crib arrives... that will be a whole different blog entry! :)  I look forward to having the pride in tending to my home.  I look forward to making many many happy memories here as a family.

Xoxxo,
Us

"Home is a place where a person lives, spends much of her time, or feels generally comfortable with. While a house (or other residential dwelling) is often referred to as a home, and is home to many people, the concept of "home" is broader than a physical dwelling. Home is often a place of refuge and safety, where worldly cares fade, with things and people you love becoming the focus. Home is central to one's life, primarily emotional, and partially physical. It is an environment offering affection and security.

The house a woman creates is a Utopia. She can't help it -- can't help trying to interest her nearest and dearest not in happiness itself but in the search for it."  - Marguerite Duras

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home