Friday, May 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday (When I started typing it was still Thursday)

Today was a hard day for me. The realization of my husband deploying out again sooo soon hit really hard this week. (He is off in GA training). I think the best thing I can do when I have days like today is remind myself of all I have to be thankful for.

1. My Husband - without him I wouldn't have our beautiful son. Without him, I wouldn't smile nearly as often as I do, and without him I would be lost in my own head way too much.

He keeps be grounded, reminds me to stay focused, and loves me no matter what. He is my best friend, my rock, and the reason I want to be a better person.

2. My Son - I didn't know it was possible to love one little person as much as I love my Squishapillar. He is the light in my heart. His smile melts me every single time. (It's a wonder I am not a puddle already).

He reminds me to be optimistic, to think outside the box, and that sometimes slobbery kisses are the best kind of kisses. He keeps me real, and reminds me of all the things I want for him in this life. He is the other reason I want to be a better person.

3. My Family - My mother, father, brother, sister, step-siblings, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, cousin's children... they are always there when I need them. I can't tell you how many times I have needed my mother in becoming a mother. I am so thankful to have all of them in my life.

4. My Friends - they have really become a wonderful source of sanity. They have taught me to ask for help, they have taught me to laugh it off, and most importantly they have taught me to be a better friend.

5. Fresh Air - With the completion of our backyard I can now enjoy fresh air on days when I don't really want to venture out into the great big world. I am still in my own home. It truely feels like an extension of our house. Fresh air is a good thing.

Now off to go to bed - and I will leave you with these... For how can you not love a face like this? Smiling or sleeping he just makes me want to breathe deep.



Xoxxo,
Us

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

I love reading your blog. I agree you have lots to be thankful for and I am very thankful to have made a friend as great as you.

 
At May 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Thanks Desi! I feel the same way. Thanks for being a great friend to me and Kellan!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home