Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



One of my major goals now that Kellan is starting to eat what we eat is to start meal planning on a regular basis. While my husband is out of the country, I am pretty lucky to have my sister-in-law Kim living with me and doubly lucky because we have very similar tastes in food.

When grocery shopping I have major issues with overspending, in that I don’t always check what I have in the house. I also tend to cook more than we need, and really am not a fan of leftovers.

So when I saw that Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie was hosting a menu plan Monday I decided I needed to link up. She offers wonderful tips, and I am hoping it will help me to meet my two main goals in meal planning:

1. Sticking to a list while in the grocery store.
2. Offer my family healthy meals organic meals that fit within our monthly food budget.

I plan on including both my meal plan for the week as well as my grocery list. Here goes nothing!

Meal Plans

Monday
Ranch Turkey Burgers on Sandwich Thins
Offered with tomatoes and cheese
Side(s)
Organic Frozen Mixed Veggies
Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday
Chef’s Salad
Side(s)
Quinoa and Brown Rice w/seaweed

Wednesday
Leftovers/Fix Your Own Dinner Night

Thursday
Greek Chicken
Side
Lemon Broccoli

Friday
Make your Own Pizza night (using Flat Outs)
Possible toppings
Turkey Pepperoni
Red Peppers
Mozzarella Cheese
Tomato Paste
Olives
Leftover Chicken from Greek night
Feta Cheese

Saturday
Leftovers

Sunday
BLTs
Side(s)
Organic Green Beans (Frozen)
Fresh Fruit Salad


Grocery List
Bacon
Black Olives
Organic Spring Mix Lettuce
Ground Turkey
Tomatoes
Feta Cheese
Flat Outs
Organic Red Pepper
Organic Seasonal Fruit
Bread
Diet Coke/Caffeine Free Diet Coke (I know – it’s a bad habit…)
Soy Yogurt
Almond Milk
Yo Baby Yogurt
Total Weekly Allowance $50

**Everything else on my menu is already at my home.

Wish me luck! I hope we stick to this list!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

I can't eat Quinoa anymore. The first time I cooked it, and looked close at it, it reminded me of ovum. *cringe*

 
At July 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

@ Leslie - thanks for the mental picture! :(

 
At July 26, 2010 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

That is great! I am going to have to start doing that. It is so helpful when you are trying to lose weight as well!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Megan Smith said...

this gave me a bunch of ideas! i am as organic and fresh as i can be, but living in a small town my choices are limited.. thanks for sharing this with us!! i am totally taking some of these ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home