Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Re-cap & Monday Hop Love.

Crud, is it really almost Monday again??  I just don't know how it sneaks up so fast?!  (Weeks passed by this quickly when I was pregnant...) I swear I can't ever get enough done on the weekends.  Not that my weekends differ too much from my weekdays, but I do have a list of projects to be done, and never enough time to do them.

Saturday we woke up and headed out to meet some other mommy's for our Saturday Strolls.  Kellan was still a little off, but well enough to venture out.  And thankfully so, I love these stroller walks; they help clear my mind.  Since it is a million degrees (okay 115) out we are meeting at the mall. After a wonderful workout Kellan got two new pairs of shoes from Payless.  He is up to three steps now, and using his walker everyday.  I don't think it will be too long before he gets it down.  The rest of Saturday we pretty much hung low.  I suppose I should have worked on my to-do list, but playing with a much happier and not so crabby Kellan seemed much more appealing!  (Did I mention the other things keeping me from accomplishing my to-do list is a severe case of procrastination, and a sneaky little smile from my Squishy that causes me to lose time...???)

Mama's little Drummer Boy!
Being Silly is what Squishes do best!
Trying to be sneaky and drum on the glass...
Haha!  It's MINE!
What should I do now that I have it??
Okay, I will just be cute!
(Notice his Big Boy shoes??)

Today since the little man was finally feeling better my SIL, (who lives with us) the Squish, and I all headed out to the Mall.  I mean what better way to beat the LV heat than in and air-conditioned building that screams for you to spend your money.  We bought some frozen fat-free yogurt, and were walking around when I saw they had opened up an eye-brow threading place in the mall!  I was in desperate need of some attention in the eyebrow department so I took a chance and went for it.  For $11 + tip I was able to have my eyebrows nicely shaped.  It didn't take too long, and didn't hurt too bad, but best of all I wasn't all red and swollen afterwards.  I definitely plan on going back.  Kellan hammed it up with every lady he saw!  Such a big flirt my baby is! 

Welcome to all the new followers I have gained over this past week.  You really know how to make a woman's entrance back into the world of blogging a lovely one!  I appreciate all the comments, and look forward to following you back and getting to read into your slice of life!

Monday Minute

1. Who is your "what-if" person?
(What-if person being what if I married this person or am now in a relationship with "this" person)
Honestly, once I met The Hubs, this wasn't ever a question in my mind.  I have dated others and wondered what it would be like to be with someone else instead, but all those questions stopped when I met Rob.  He is exactly what I would hope for in a husband.  Sure there are days were I am find myself frustrated, or laughing at him, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Cheesy, I know.  But I love him, and together we made the most amazing little man ever!! 

2. What is your nickname?
In grade school I was Emie.  I am often referred to as Em, and I like to refer to myself as crazy.  My husband calls me Monkey, because he says I have monkey-toes... I am not a fan of that NN though.  :P


3. If you could choose how you died, how would you like to die?
If it was sooner rather than later?  Sleeping next to my husband, and cuddling with my Squishy.  If I live til I am old and spent, peacefully in my sleep, hopefully still next to my husband.  I want to die first, I love him too much to live without him.  (Gee, that was kinda depressing...)

4. If you could have named yourself, which name would you have picked?
If you ask little me, I probably would have told you Samantha.  But thankfully, (no offense to you Samantha's out there), I didn't name myself.  Samantha just doesn't fit me.  IF I had to pick a new name for myself tomorrow, and it couldn't be Emily, maybe Evelyn??  But I am happy with Emily.

5. Who were you named after or for what reason did your parents choose your name?
I am pretty sure I wasn't named after anyone.  If I was a boy I would have been Andrew.  My mother just liked the name Emily.  I think she picked a great name!

To see why we chose the name Kellan, click here.

More Monday Hop Love



 
mingle mondays button
 



 Just in case you aren't a follower - take a minute and check out this post from The Lady Bloggers Society.  It really struck a chord with me, and I hope it does you too!
 
Happy Monday!!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At July 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Love Kellan's tie shirt!

 
At July 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Thanks - it is and AC/DC shirt!! LOL

 
At July 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Hazel said...

Your little fellow is so adorable!!

New follower!!

Come visit me at my blog, Critique of the Unique.

http://www.critiqueoftheunique.blogspot.com

Hazel

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the follow!

Melanie
goinggreenwithnoah.com

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Ian said...

Thanks for linking up and great pics!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 6:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable pics. Glad you were able to beat the heat! Following from Meet & Greet Monday! :)

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is gorgeous!

Great answers too!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Blogger mama2lilev said...

I LOVE your pictures! Squishy is sooo cute! #3 was a little depressing for me, too. Nice choice on the name Evelyn, that's my 2 yrs old name! Following you back! Have a great day, enjoy Squishy. They grow up too fast!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Christy said...

Hi! Found you through Mingle Monday! I love your answers to Monday Minute. I am 47 and my dad still calls me "Punkin". I have a feeling he won't stop anytime soon seeing he is now a great grandpa and I've been that all this time. LOL. I am now following you.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Kmama said...

LOL at the monkey nickname!! I wouldn't be fond of it either!

I love the name Emily. It was on my "girls" list...if we ever had one!

Thanks for linking up!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Meghan said...

Hey there! New follower, I love your header. Hope you follow me back at http://www.jamonkey.com

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger JIll said...

I am following you back from Mingle Mondays. Your little guy is so cute. Look forward to reading more.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Design It Chic said...

I am following you now thanks to Mingle Mondays! It would be nice if you could share back the love on my blog! Also if you need any help tweaking your blog or easy HTML tips, you know where to come;)
Happy Monday!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Ron Cooper said...

Love your family photos!

I’m following you now on Meet & Greet Monday hosted by Southern Reflections! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home