Friday, August 6, 2010

Blahs.

Don't you hate the days where you look back on them and go "Blah!"
I do, and here is why it was a blah kind of day.

(Be prepared for a woe-is-me kinda post. Hey we all have them...)

  • I woke up and picked up Squishy's messy toy area, he promptly made it look like I didn't do a darn thing.
  • I burnt the pancakes twice.
  • I realized I was out of a lot of Squish friendly food.
  • I had aspirations of getting the dining-room/playroom make-over done today, those faded fast.
  • I tried to take a nap, (only 3 hours of sleep the night before) but I couldn't sleep, and when I finally did slip into sweet nap-dom, Squish woke me up with MOM MOM MOM (okay that part is still cute)
  • I should re-name Squishapillar to Squishypoo as we had 5 (yes 5) poopy diapers today. No one person should have to change that much poop in a day...
  • I went to Target looking to spend $30, and spent WAY more... Seriously that store is my nemesis.
  • I messed up Squishes sleep schedule by going to Target and falling into the wandering trap that is what Target was made for.
  • I couldn't talk to my Hubs when he called. (I was trying to put Squishapillar to sleep.)
  • I saved all the cleaning I need to do for tomorrow, for tomorrow morning! Joy!

Did I mention I didn't really get to talk to the Hubs today? I miss him something fierce. Squish cries now every time he calls, not because he misses Daddy (which he does) but because he wants the phone, and is in that "I need to get what I want or I am going to scream" lovely stage. So needless to say, any time the Hubs wants to be put on speaker, Squish enters melt-down mode.

Okay, enough woe-is-me-ing. I did have some sweet parts to my day too.
  • Mom, mom, mama. It never gets old, at least for now!
  • Kisses from my Squishes. (I melt every-time he leans in for a smooch!)
  • Giggles and Squeals while playing.
  • Getting books thrown at me to read, and then ripped out of my hands so he can 'read' them.
  • A "I'm getting more comfortable" with walking little man
  • A super-cute table runner for the dining-room table at Target.
  • And this ridiculously sweet squishy face.

(Yes, he is still in the bouncer, did I mention we missed bed-time?)

6 word Saturday
"Tomorrow has got to be better."


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At August 7, 2010 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Call Me Cate said...

Hello there! Stopping by to say thanks for the follow. And also that your six words are the idea that keeps me going on so many days. Tomorrow is another day, no reason it can't also be a better one.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Marissa said...

rough day huh? Hope the weekend gets much better for ya. that pictures is adorable! I know you had TONS of things planned for the day and its like getting dressed doesn't even happen!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love your header... very cute!

I totally get your list! I locked myself in the bathroom yesterday so I could read... I just wanted 20 minutes. Three (out of five) kids screaming on the other side of the door brought reading time to a hault.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Blogger missykade said...

Thank you so much for linking up to SSS!
We loved having you visit!
I am already a proud member of your blog.

Lucas's Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder
http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/

 
At August 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

I can see a bit of Rob and Kim in that picture of Kellan LOL

 
At August 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything about your blog! Very cute! :)

Following from Sensational Saturday Social.

 
At August 7, 2010 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

I am so sorry you had such a "blah" day! I so know how you feel, I have many of those. I hope tomorrow is fun day for you all!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the follow and stopping by, already a follower. :)

 
At August 8, 2010 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Target is my nemesis, too. I go in there for three things and come out $100 less with ten things that I didn't need.

 
At August 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

hey girlie!! what a cute blog! I am now following from The Sun Social :) Have a great day! :)
Dawn
http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home