Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So What is a Kiss Can??

Recently I have talked about my Sister-in-Law living with us. About a 1 1/2 months ago, she made the trek from Indiana out to Las Vegas. I am going to be honest, as excited as I was to have an extra set of hands around while the Hubs is gone, and someone to talk to; I was nervous about it.

She is a great person, really laid back and easy going, and she loves Squishy. But moving in with someone is always a tricky situation. You could be best friends with someone, move in with them, and by the time the lease is up, you are no longer friends.

I like my space, I like being in my own world at times. I like control over the TV, I like cooking, and am picky about my food. I can be crabby, bi*chy, crazy, OCD'd, or just plain not want to feel like talking at times. I want help with Squish, but I don't want another parent. That is the Hubs job. I march to my own beat at times. (It's a wonder my Hubs puts up with me as much as he does!)

Thankfully, having Kim here has been wonderful. So great in fact we keep joking about how our first fight must be right around the corner. She is fun, helpful, picky about food like me, and enjoys her own space too. She watches similar TV shows, her humor is along the same lines as mine. It has been so nice to have her here. Squish loves it too. He often crawls all the way down to her room looking for her.

As wonderful as living with Kim has been, I never expected her to touch me so deeply with an act of kindness the words can not express how much it means to me. The other night I saw Kim, (a talented and undiscovered writer) scribbling away in her notepad. I asked what she was doing, and I was not prepared for her response.

She had written a children's book for Squishy, and The Hubs. The words still make me cry. Together we will be working on creating a kiss can to send to Daddy, along with the words of the story. I only wish I could see Hub's face as he reads the words.

I Blow Daddy Kisses Across the Sea
By Kimberly Knight

Today I found big bags by the front door.
And I asked my daddy what they were for.
He said, “I’m going on a trip across the sea to work in a faraway place.”
“How long will you be gone,” I asked Daddy with a sad look on my face.
He replied, “It will be a long time, but I will come back.”
I ran to my room to grab Daddy something of mine and gave him my bunny to pack.
Since he left, we talk everyday about how he loves and misses me on the phone.
Mommy is still here, and we play lots of games, but my daddy’s still gone.
One night as I was getting into bed, I asked Mommy what I could do. She said I could blow him a kiss.
Mommy told me if I wish real hard and blow with all my might, I’ll never miss.
She told me he catches them and keeps them safe in a can.
So when he’s working and thinks of me, he can pull out a kiss from his little man.
Daddy’s been gone a long time now, and I’ve been blowing him kisses every night.
The day he comes home is what I wish for with all my might.
My daddy finally came home, and he told me all the stories of his trip over the sea.
I hugged and kissed him, happy that I had my daddy back with me.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

(This story has been copy-righted, please do not share this without express written consent from Kimberly Knight)

Thank you Kim for writing such a sweet story for not only my son, but also my husband. It really does mean more to me than I can express. It has been wonderful having you here. I am lucky not only to have such a wonderful sister-in-law, but also such a good friend!

Kimberly is the author of two brand new blogs. One detailing her Vegas adventures, and another where she reviews the MASS quantity of movies that she proudly owns.
Check them out here:
www.blondiesflickfind.blogspot.com
www.schweducky.blogspot.com

If you haven't read my updates lately, please email me if you entered the RubaDub Buddies Giveaway yesterday. All entries were lost, I will manually re-enter your entries for you, but I need to know how many times you entered. If you haven't entered yet, please do so per regular instructions.

Also if you commented yesterday from any of the blog hops, and I have not followed you back, please leave another comment, as it was also deleted. :(

Finally, I got Squishy's 1 year pictures back today. Did I mention my son is a huge Ham-bone????



















Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Blogger MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

Following from Welcome Wednesday

mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

 
At August 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Mama to a Sweet Thing said...

what an adorable little babe!!
im a new follower from welcom wednesday, hope you'll follow back!http://mamatoasweetthing.blogspot.com/

 
At August 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Pictures are adorable!!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM , Blogger HRH Mommy said...

Those pics are adorable!! so cute!!!

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Amanda Tempel said...

Hey There! :)

I'm a new follower from Tuesday Tag Along!

I hope you'll stop by and follow me too.

-Amanda T
http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

 
At August 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM , Blogger kiwimeg said...

Discovered your gorgeous blog via The Green Blog Hop. Love these pics of your adorable wee boy!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 5:06 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

thank you for stopping by my blog! i definitely recognize your little cutie from TB. love his one year pictures!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 5:09 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

also, that is an adorable story your SIL wrote! and i am glad to see another extended BFing mama! there aren't very many that i know!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Following you back from the Green Blog Hop! :)

 
At August 4, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Following you back from the Green Blog Hop! :)

 
At August 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Las Vegas Mama said...

Cute story! Come follow your fellow Las Vegas Mama! http://lasvegasmama.blogspot.com

 
At August 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Charlene Juliani said...

Following from WOW...please return the favor!

And while you're there, show some support for a fellow mom that blogs (my interview)

Thanks!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the pictures!! He's adorable! Happy 1st birthday little guy! I'm a new follower from WW. Nice to meet you. Please follow back @ http://bunchesofbargains.blogspot.com

 
At August 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I just absolutely love the birthday pictures! SO cute!!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Desirae Legerski said...

Kim's story brought tears to my eyes. It is so beautiful.

 
At August 4, 2010 at 8:26 PM , Blogger This Lil Piglet said...

New follower from Welcome Wednesday. Hope you pop by my blog for a follow...I'm holding a giveaway for an adorable Urban Baby Bonnet at
http://thislilpiglet.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home