Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Toddler Talk Thursdays - First Edition (Books)

Toddler Talk Thursday




Family and Life in Las Vegas 
 


Welcome to the  first week of Toddler Talk Thursday! Family and Life in Las Vegas got together with Lolo from Crazy about My Baybah, and we decided to create Toddler Talk Thursday as a place for moms and dads of toddlers to come together over a weekly topic and share ideas, go-to toys or products.  Not to mention it is a great way meet other bloggers of toddlers. Topics will range from Dinner Dos and Disasters, Books, and Bedtime. I encourage you to join in, share what works for you, as well as your toddler’s likes and dislikes.

This week’s topic is Books. We all know that reading is an essential part of your toddler’s learning and development. But what do you do if your Toddler doesn’t show any interest in books other than reading them?

I recently had the brilliant idea of combining Tubby Time with some Story Time. (I am sure I wasn't the first, but it was new to me!) During Tubby Time Squishy is playing in a confined area, where he is free to look at the pages as I read them, or just listen to me reading. I don’t get the book ripped out of my hands, or thrown across the room. Instead I have found I get a child who is actually listening to me read. I have had success with this every time we have done it. Don’t get me wrong, there are certainly times during the day where we read and he is free to turn the pages at will, and grab the books away from me. But I wanted to be sure he had some quite reading time too!


Squishy’s current selections for books include:

What are your toddler's favorite books of the moment?
How do you find time to squeeze in quality reading time?



If you want to be a part of Toddler Talk Thursdays, just follow these simple steps:
1. Follow the Toddler Talk Thursday Hosts (The Hosts are in the first two spots!). And if you would like write your own Toddler Talk Thursdays Post with the current weeks topic and answer this weeks questions.
2. Link up your blog name and URL with our Linky. (You only need to add your info once for it to be seen on all the blog hops.)
3. Grab our Toddler Talk Thursdays and include it in a post about the event on your blog.
4. Go to as many blogs on the Linky Tools as you want and Follow them. Be sure to tell them you are from Toddler Talk Thursdays!
5. It is common courtesy to follow back any followers you have gained from Toddler Talk Thursdays!

Photobucket>

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At July 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute, cute, blog header....so glad that I stopped by...
Enjoying some blog hopping tonight....Hope you will stop by...I have some great giveaways on my holiday blog and a special post on Grammy Girlfriend. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/07/winner-and-another-bunch-of-books.html

 
At July 28, 2010 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Traci66 said...

Thank you for following me. I am following you back. Also thank you for posting our Keepin' Company Thursday blog hop.

 
At July 29, 2010 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Lydia's Pennies said...

Im your newest follower from KCT. I would love for you to visit me at:
http://lydiaspennies.blogspot.com

Lydia

 
At July 29, 2010 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Great idea!! Jaslyn loves books and is constantly bringing the same books over and over for us to read to her. Tubby time will give us a chance to introduce new books to her.

 
At July 29, 2010 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

We love the Bear wants more, Panda Bear what do you see, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like Goodnight moon!

 
At July 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

My daughter has loved Sleepyhead bear since she was 18 months. She also loves the book Move Over Rover. That one is so worn from the past few years! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home