Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Week Of Thanks!

I thought I would spend this week sharing what I am thankful for, seeing as it is Thanksgiving and all. I have traveled to Minnesota this week, and don't think I will be able to upload pics until I get home, but I thought this would be a nice way to blog this week.

Since I missed Monday's entry - you will have two today.

MONDAY: Today I was thankful for the kindness of strangers. Kellan and I took our first plane flight together. Traveling with an Infant is a big task; you almost triple the amount of things you bring with you. Traveling by yourself with an Infant can be down right scary. The day was made a million times easier thanks to a select few strangers who recognized an overwhelmed Mom, and offered to help. In today’s society often people turn a blind eye when they see someone struggling. So thank you to the few people that held the door for me, or picked up a dropped blanket. For the kind man who didn't get upset with Kellan constantly kicking his arm, despite my best efforts, and to the women who kindly offered to hold Kellan when I could no longer wait to use the airplane restroom - there was no way I was going to fit in that tiny stall with Kellan with me... (They were REALLY small bathrooms). Every once in a while, I am surprised by the kindness of a stranger; today I am thankful for that.

TUESDAY: Today I am thankful for Family, especially Grandparents. I love seeing Kellan light up at my Mom. I am thankful to be spending the holidays with those who love me and support me. Who are there for me every deployment. Who always have my back, and support my life choices. I love being with all my family. I hope Kellan enjoys these visits as much as I do. Today I am thankful for Family.


Kellan  and Grandma Diane

Xoxxo,
Us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home