Monday, November 9, 2009

Daily Smiles

I got a phone call from my husband the other day.  He told me he was there - and he was safe, tired, but safe.  He asked me if he could talk to Kellan, but Kellan was sleeping.  I could hear he was upset, but I told him about our day, and that Kellan's tooth had pushed through and the other one was close by.  He was quiet and then he told me how much he missed getting a smile from Kellan before he went to work, and when he came home. So it crossed my mind to take a picture everyday of Kellan smiling for his Daddy. 

Daddy's Daily Smiles... 
I quickly discovered two things:

1.  Picking just one picture is WAY hard!
2.  Doing this for Daddy was also really great for me!

I love my son's smile.  It lights up the room, even at 4 am when he wants to play after nursing (only for about 5 minutes and then he is back to sleep) I can not help but melt every time I see his face smile.  Forget the room, it lights up my whole world!  It is such a wonderful way to pass my days.  If I could choose to see only one thing for the rest of my life - I would choose my children's smiles... (ok so I only have Kellan now, but seeing what Rob and I created together, I can only imagine each one of our children will have amazing smiles!)

Everyday I am reminded of the blessing God has sent into our life with just the simple upturn of my child's lips.  We are so blessed! 















Xoxxo,
Us


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home