Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday is Always The Hardest

So things have been kind of busy around here.  I am thankful that they are.  Keeping busy keeps my mind from wandering.  I'm thankful to have met some really great new mommy friends.  The simple act of getting out of the house on a regular basis has been making this whole deployment a lot easier.  The regular phone calls home also help keep me sane and going.  So thank you ladies, family, and friends - having you in my life has made me a better mom.

And then Sunday night rolls around.  Sunday has always been a family day, or prior to Kellan a couple's day.  I try to keep my mind off of it, but inevitably the sad rolls in, and this huge ache for my husband wraps around my chest.  I miss him so much when he is gone.  I try to keep a brave face, but without fail every Sunday I end up needing to take some time to just let go, and surrender to the ache in my heart. 

Don't get me wrong, I know that this too shall pass, and I also know that with each deployment, amazingly we get stronger as a couple, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.  I miss being able to bury my head in the crook of his shoulder and curl up into his chest.  He has always made me feel safe, loved, strong, and capable.  He is easily the best friend I have ever had.  I am lucky enough to have a man who would do just about anything for me, and who supports me in all my choices and crazy adventures.  It hurts to not have him around.  There is just no way around that - no amount of busy that can keep that at bay.  So as capable as I am to handle our home on my own, and take care of my son on my own, it is just better when he is around.  Plain and Simple. 




Rob, I love you.  Keep your head down and hurry home.  And no matter what always know that I am here thinking of you all the time.  You and Kellan are the best parts of my every day.

Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home