Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting Ready for Deployment.

Where the heck has this time gone? Are we really only a week away from Rob leaving on Deployment again? I swear with all the planning we have been doing for this you wouldn't think it was possible for this to sneak up on me, but it has. I will be the first to tell you, I feel like this is our first deployment all over again.


With the first deployment there were so many questions, concerns, worries, and fears. And here we are, our first deployment as a family. My heart breaks for Rob as he tries to cram as much time in with Kellan as possible. It seems like each day for the past couple of days he has realized another "first" he will miss. It's so hard to even think about him not being here with Kellan. I try not to because I find myself in tears every time I do..... Deep breath, keep breathing.

I spent tonight at Barnes and Noble trying to find some "Daddy" books to tape Rob reading to Kellan. So that at night Kellan can see his daddy, and hear his voice even if we can't Skype or talk on the phone. Thank God for technology. I couldn't imagine doing this without all these resources at our fingertips. Thank God for emails, and phone calls, and Skype, and video cameras. Hopefully if we do this right, maybe Kellan won't freak out when his Daddy comes home. Hopefully it won't be as hard as it would be if he was never able to see his face. I pray that we can get through this with grace and ease. And for the first time since Kellan was born I pray that time will go quickly, and Rob will be home before we know it.

I love my family. They have been so supportive through each of Rob's previous deployments. They already have been sending thoughts and prayers this way. I know with their help, I can do this. Rob can do this, and Kellan can do this. I love my family. Even though they are so far away, they are always close at heart.

The thing about Rob's job is this. Rob loves what he does. He is great at what he does. Without this job I may not have the privilege of staying home with my sweet son and watching him grow. I love that I have that opportunity. Deployments are part of that, and thus part of our family life. I love my husband for giving me the ability to spend my days with Kellan. I love my family, and together we will get through this time of being apart.

There are two quotes that I hear frequently. "Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." and "Absence makes a heart grow fonder." These quotes could not better describe our previous deployments. I pray that they continue to hold true as we enter this new chapter in our family's life.



This is us after our first deployment together.  What a happy day.
Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home