Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kellan's 4 Month Appointment!

THE HARD PART

So someone got their 4 month shots today! I am not sure who had it worse, me or Kellan. Probably me, although he screamed so loud, you know the kind where they turn all bright red, open their mouth to scream, and no sound comes out for a good 10 seconds! You know its going to be a loud one when they finally let it go. Poor Baby! He was so happy, talking to the Doctor, making silly faces and new sounds. And then in comes the nurse with Kellan's shots. You should have seen the side eye Kellan gave this guy! It was like he knew nothing good was about to happen.

My heart broke for my baby. I wish I could take all his pain away and make it my own. I would too, in a heartbeat. Funny how that works. You want them to learn that things will be okay, even when they look bad, but you want them to feel no pain, no hurt, and no sadness. I love this little baby so much it takes my breath away.

So after Kellan had his shots, I nursed him, and he fussed through the whole session, keeping one eye on me at all times as if to ask, "Is it really over?"

THE GOOD PART

Kellan is still well above the 50% for height and weight. He is currently 16lbs 8ozs (above 75%) and 26.5 inches long (88%). He has slowed down in his weight gain, but is making up for it in his height. He grew almost 3 inches from our last appointment. I was concerned slightly that he only put on a little over 2 lbs since his 8 week appt, but that didn't seem to worry our Doctor at all. He said he was just balancing out a little bit.

Kellan also seems to be right on track for his developmental milestones. The Doctor loved hearing him chatter away, and also was impressed by his grasping skills. Go Kellan!

I have been curious to see how much Kellan is getting to eat during our feedings, so I had them do a weighed feeding today. I don't often give Kellan a bottle, but lately he seems so mad that there are only 4 ozs in his bottle, and will almost always nurse again shortly after a bottle. Well now I know why. Kellan started his feeding at 16lbs 8ozs, and ended it at 17lbs 3ozs! That 11 ozs! Holy Cow! Granted it was only his 3rd feeding of the morning, and my supply tends to be higher in the AM, but Wow! That's a lot of milk! GO KELLAN GO!



So all in all it was an okay day. Kellan is now sound asleep with a mild temperature from his shots. So tonight we will just cuddle in bed, and keep on top of the Tylenol. I'm so proud of my brave little squishy caterpillar man!





Xoxxo,

Us

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home