Monday, October 12, 2009

Rollin Rollin Rollin! And Other New Tricks!

Kellan is a rolling fiend! He cannot get enough of it! He will roll to his belly, sometimes roll back on his own, but more often fuss until you put him back on his back, laugh and then roll back to his belly! He is so cute when he does this too, because he has such a sense of pride in doing it! He looks at me every time to make sure I am watching before he breaks out in a huge grin as if to say "Yeah, I am that good!". Unfortunately Rob has been in CA for the past couple of weeks training, and did miss his first back to belly roll, but we did get it on tape for him! I am getting pretty good at remembering to keep the camera handy, that way when Rob deploys out in November, he won't miss anything!



I love watching him learn new things. We are now working on tripoding. As in sitting up with the assistance of his arms. He does it for a little bit, but he is still so wobbly, I don't want to try and get a picture of it just yet, because I usually end up catching him before he face-plants into the floor!

Another first for Kellan was sleeping the night in his own crib. I finally did this last night. It was better then what I thought it would be. He still woke up for a 1am and 4am feeding, but all in all I was very proud of him. Now if only I can stop checking on him every hour to make sure he is ok, we may be on our way to a better night’s sleep. The new rolling trick has run over into his sleep time routine. He hasn't quite rolled onto his belly yet, but he does try to sleep on his side. I guess I just worry he will roll, and sleep with his face in the mattress... like I said, we are working on the worrying mommy thing. :)

It is so neat to see all the new things Kellan does every day. Whether it is something big like rolling, or sitting up; or something simple like a new sound, a new favorite toy, or a new facial expression. I love being here with him and seeing it all. What an absolute blessing.



Xoxxo,
Us

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home